Here are some of the laughable questions or omissions from the survey:
- Query re my Media sources for political news includes Fox and major networks but not PBS or NPR (which I wrote in)
- Question as to which political party is best able to handle each of the following issues has the usual list plus "Protecting Traditional Values" to which I responded "Oh, please, what does this mean? Anti-gay?"
- "Do you feel that the huge trillion dollar solutions the Democrats have advanced to boost our economy will help or hurt or nation in the long run?" Answer: What is your solution? Do nothing?
- "Would you like Congress to pass additional tax cuts to further stimulate our nation's economy?" Answer: the Bush tax cut re-started the deficit after the Clinton Administration had eliminated it.
- "Do you think all Americans should be required to have some fort of health insurance even if it requires the federal government to underwrite the costs?" Answer: erroneous question as it mis-states proposed sliding scale subsidy for people of lower incomes.
- "Using numbers 1 through 5,, with 1 the top priority please indicate the policies you support most to address how the energy should meet future energy needs.
Numbers 0 and 1 are my answers.
0 increase drilling Alaska's ANWR
1 more funds for alternative fuels research
0 build new oil refineries in the U.S.
0 expand off shore drilling
1 greater investment in wind/solar energy
? tap previously unrecoverable oil
0 build new nuclear plants in U.S.
I added to "Other" category: support or increase tax credits for homeowner and commercial energy efficiency programs and weatherization, thus decreasing need for new fossil fuels.
Do you think the Democrat effort to restore the Fairness Doctrine that will destroy conservative talk radio is a violation of free speech? Answer: NO
Do you support oppose or have no opinion on the following social issues:
school prayer, ban burning of the flag, ban human cloning, faith based initiatives, ban all abortions, prohibit homosexual marriage.
Answer: What do you think ? Can't you see the ads now in the mid-term election in 2010?
I would be intersted in knowing if other Democrats received and returned this poll.
Sphere: Related Content